The Best Essay in Medical Humanities Competition
Students, please consider submitting your essays and creative writing for the Best Essay in Medical Humanities Competition!
- Deadline: Friday, April 22, 2022, at 11:59 p.m.
- First place prize: $250; Second place prize: $100; Honorable Mention: $50.
- Essay must be written for an approved Medical Humanities course (see current and past courses).
- Essay must be written for an approved Medical Humanities course from summer 2021, fall 2021, or spring 2022.
- Papers must be between 5-25 pages (minimum of 1,250 words and maximum of 6,250 words).
- Creative works are eligible (and may be shorter than 5 pages) -- see note below**
- Student does not have to be a declared minor in the MDHM program.
- Winners will be announced at the start of May 2022 and recognized during a Medical Humanities commencement reception.
**For creative or digital projects, please include a 250-word statement for reviewers that addresses the following questions: How did this project incorporate research into its design and construction? What ideas does this project communicate, and how does it seek to communicate them?